Welcome to Old Saratoga Reformed Church.
July 6, 2020
Dear Members and Friends of OSRC,
The consistory held a special reopening meeting last week, and after reviewing recommendations of NYS, and analyzing our situation and what can be done here to keep people safe, decided to reopen the church for worship services on Sunday, July 12 at 10 am.
Following you will find a list of the new procedures in place for that purpose.
Plan For Reopening
- Church front door will be open and will be closed during service. Back door will not be used for services
- A table with guidelines and hand sanitizer will be set up in foyer
- Enter up the left set of stairs and exit the alley side. Direction arrows will indicate this
- Tape off pews to allow 6’ distancing
- The greeter will direct people up the stairs. The greeter and worship leader will have temperatures taken
- The greeter must wear a mask
- Worshipers will be encouraged to sit in the same pew every Sunday. Summer bulletins will be in the pews and used each Sunday since the same people will be sitting there
- Offering plates will be located in the back of the sanctuary
- Members of the same household may sit together
- Hold off on all other groups until Governor allows normalcy (AA, Head Start, Living Resources)
- Tuesday morning coffee hour may be held outside or in Loomis Hall, while practicing social distancing. Must sanitize after use
- Make up a cleaning log as mandated by NYS Dept. of Health
- Sanctuary windows will be open
- Masks must be worn during singing
- Communion bread will be distributed over several plates to keep a “physical distance” between bread pieces. Disposable cups will be used and collected by one volunteer.
- There will be one usher to light the candles and be available for any assistance needed
- No physical touching (elbow bumps or waves acceptable) and no lemonade or coffee hour after service
- Worshipers will exit one pew at a time to keep physical distance
The Consistory and Reopening Committee have tried to anticipate what measures will keep worshipers safe. The services will continue to be live streamed on Facebook and You Tube, if you do not feel comfortable attending worship as yet.
FROM THE CONSISTORY
OSRC has a new online donation platform. The link below can be placed on our Facebook page and website which brings donors to Tithe,ly where they can make donations using credit/debt cards or by using a ACH bank transfer..
More on our Facebook page, like us!